Many people often have a hard time when categorizing water softener systems based on their function and operation. This may even make you spend more money when trying to find the perfect product to buy. Water softener systems don’t have a generic term to categorize their performance.
Studies have shown that these systems can be divided into four types. This can be found in the likes of magnetic, reverse osmosis, salt free and ion exchange water softeners. To help you come to grips with the true categories, simple explore these water softener system reviews.
Reverse Osmosis Water Softening Systems
This is a water softener system that makes use of pressure when getting rid of impurities and contaminants. The process of sieving will also require a semi-permeable membrane to get a perfect result. One thing is sure with the reverse osmosis water softening system, you can get rid of up to ninety-eight percent of impurities.
- Users can easily maintain the system
- The semi-permeable membrane will not allow ion particles to pass through
- For water softening, the reverse osmosis method remains the best
- The entire process requires a lot of energy
- For deionization to take place, the system requires a lot of pressure
Ion Exchange Water Softening Systems:
In this category, potassium or sodium ions will help to displace the original ions in the water. The hardness water ions are comfortably removed to help you for your dish washers and washing machines. Due to the high levels of sodium, it is not recommended to use these systems for drinking water.
- There is every possibility to reuse most heavy metals in the process
- The soft water will not experience any perforation of substances
- When softening water, ion exchange remains highly efficient and effective
- The waste water during the process can be used for treatment
- The operational costs for ion exchangers are highly expensive
Salt Free Water Softening Systems
For most consumers, this is the best water softening method to use. In the salt free system, a filter is often used to get the best result. This implies that no salt, potassium or chemicals are needed. With this system, it is evident that minerals found in the water will not be affected.
- It is a good system for your clothing
- Household cleaning tasks will work well with a salt free water softening system
- For personal grooming, you can use this amazing water softening system
- It helps for scale reduction
- This is not a good system for recommendation for tough hard water
Magnetic Water Softening Systems:
The water softening method is different from other techniques. Magnets are placed either around or in water pipes to get started. The water will be altered with the help of the magnetic field.
- It will help to get rid of the negative impacts of hard water
- It is cost-effective and does not require any chemicals
- It is great for your household tasks
- Water will usually come back to a hard level with forty-eight hours
Using the simple explanation above will help you determine the classes or categories of water softener systems. With this idea, you will be able to make the right decision when exploring for water softening systems.